With over four decades of experience in bushcraft teaching, instructor / leader training and set-up/running of wilderness / bushcraft schools we are now in a position to offer woodland / landowners a turnkey consultancy on extending or diversifying their rural agricultural, tourism or accommodation business to provide professionally run bushcraft experiences on their land.
We can provide an end-to-end solution or a pick-and-mix / pay-as-you go set of options covering all aspects of setting up and running these experiences.
- Site selection & site survey (including ecology and environmental considerations)
- Risk assessment, health & safety (site, activities, participation)
- Legal, insurance and assurance framework
- Teaching theory & practice
- Group dynamics and management. Consideration for specific client needs and adjustments.
- Bushcraft basics: Fire, Water, Shelter
- Cutting and Cordage (including knife safety, types of knots etc)
- Greenwood working, carving and woodland crafts
- Foraging – plants & edibles, poisons
- Campcraft (including cooking by fire, types of firelay, safe axe use, felling, limbing and snedding with axes)
- Camp hygiene (food safety and toileting)
- Tracking and wildlife observation
- Forest Bathing & Wellbeing in the Woods
- Tertiary enrichment and team activities
- Instructor/Course Leader Job Description / Specification and optional shortlisting and interviewing for job applicants for running courses/experiences on site.
- Pricing experiences and cost considerations.
- Marketing & Comms