We are delighted to offer a certified course training those who wish to become Forest Bathing Leaders. The course will run this autumn (September/October/November) and will be fully certificated. It will be held at the stunning Fingle Woods beneath Castle Drogo on Dartmoor.
The course will run over three weekend blocks (from Friday evening until Sunday afternoon) with independent study and practice between sessions. There will be an evaluation on the last weekend, and this, along with the submission of a portfolio and log book after the final session will contribute towards the awarding of a Certified Forest Bathing Leader’s award.
The outcomes of this course are as follows:
- To provide participants with a firm grounding in the fundamentals of Forest Bathing; including study and reflection in the key areas of Nature, Mindfulness and the Senses;
- Provide a practical framework and activities to delivery professional quality forest bathing sessions with groups and individuals with support to develop additional activities;
- Practical instruction on safety, risk management and comfort in the outdoor environment;
- To develop participants personal learning and reflection to enhance personal wellbeing.
The course will also cover group management, forest bathing session and trail design, equipment, compliance and permission, ceremony and campcraft.
The course will be run in the most beautiful woodland on the edge of Dartmoor in Devon where participants will be invited to immerse themselves in the forest and camp. Meals will be provided each Friday evening, Saturday & Sunday breakfast and lunch leaving participants to cook for themselves over the campfire or visit the excellent on site Fingle Bridge Inn. Participants will need to provide their own camping equipment (tents, sleeping bags, torches etc)
This course is run by highly experienced Forest Bathing professionals with a background in professional-level instructor training and nature therapeutic practice. This course aims to give every participant all the professional foundations for delivering high quality, beneficial and safe sessions to an international standard.
- Course costs: POA including assessment, validation and certification.
- Max course numbers: 8
- Deposit: £150 per person to secure place. Waiting list will also be held.
- Provisional Dates: (tbc)
Please use the contact form to find out more or to secure your place on the course. Spaces are very limited.